Major & Graduation
Electrical Engineering ~ December 2017
I have many short term goals that I wish to address for my next couple of years.
The first and most important is to maintain a high GPA for my undergraduate years at IIT. Within this goal I want to gain internships through my academics and participation as a leadership scholar.
The second is to become as involved as I can within the IIT community. I want to explore and different clubs and attend multiple events to determine where to put my leadership. I want to involve myself in activities that I have a passion for so that I can create the largest impact to the school and its students. I want to be able to give back to IIT what they have given to me. The ways that I have achieved this is becoming an RA and President of Engineers for a Sustainable World. A goal I have is to improve the sustainability of the campus before I graduate in the December of 2017
With all of this being said, I also want to have balance. This includes being a leadership scholar, participating in activities, maintaining a high academic standard, but also being social. Therefore, I need to prep myself and organize my time well to achieve all of these goals. I want my college experience to be as complete as it can be.
Another large part of my short term goals is to be involved with Philanthropy as I have always had a passion for volunteering. At IIT, I have volunteered for the Chicago Marathon Tech Team, Chicago Men's Health Urbanathalon, Working Bikes Chicago, Rebuilding Exchange, and Free Geek. I always look into different volunteering opportunities to become a part of!
My long term goals stretch towards my later years at IIT and my future career.
For my later years, I want to be able to learn Korean as it is a major part of my heritage. Along these lines, I want to do an education program in South Korea to improve my language skills and become more familiar with Korean culture. I understand the importance of having an international mindset, and want to work towards this achievement.
My goals for my career past IIT is I have always been interested in renewable and sustainable energy. Growing up, I have always been passionate towards nature and the environment. I want to be one of the major pioneers towards a big breakthrough in how we produce energy and practice being sustainable. Directly after college, I want to get involved with the Peace Corps and help communities develop their own sustainability through energy, clean water, and food.
I also extremely want to become involved in enivronmental policy and would be extremely interested in being part of the EPA. During this timepoint, I want to go back to college to get a PhD in Environmental Policy and Management or Environmental Law. Lastly, at the end of my career I would want to found my own environmental/sustainability consulting company.
Through this goal, I want to continue to develop and reinforce my leadership skills in the forms of group projects and leadership positions.
Illinois Tech Leadership Experience
- New Chapter Development Coordinator - Engineers for a Sustainable World Headquarters -2016 - present
- Engineers for a Sustainable World Chapter President - 2015 - present
- Engineers for a Sustainable World Chapter Tiny House Project Lead - 2014 - 2016
- Engineers for a Sustainable World Chapter Events Coordinator - 2014 - 2015
- Residence and Greek Life Resident Advisor - 2016 - present
- Co-President - National Parks and Recration Club - 2017 - present
- Ambassador - The Green Program - 2017 - present
- Chicago 350 Education Committee Chair - 2017
- Office of Campus Life Peer Mentor - 2015 - 2016
- Residential Hall Advisor Floor Representative - 2014 - 2015
- IIT Office of Admissions Tech Team Volunteer - 2014 - 2015
- IIT Office of Admissions Student Ambassador - 2015 - 2016
- Center for Research and Study CPS Project Administrative Staff - 2015 - present
- Student Government Association Senator - 2014 - 2015
- Triangle Fraternity Philanthropy Chair - 2014