Major & Graduation
Molecular Biochemistry and Biophysics ~ May 2018
My short term goals for this academic year are to graduate from IIT with a bachelor's degree in Molecular Biochemistry and Biophysics and continue pursuing my love of science and education by taking up a career in informal education. Furthermore, I intend to continue working part time for the company that I interned with this summer to assist in educating children ages 7-12 in areas such as coding, 3D-printing, electronics, critical thinking, and problem solving. As an Eagle Scout, I would also like to continue to assist in developing leadership skills and a problem solving mindset in the young men of my local Boy Scout troop by assuming and adult leader position in the troop throughout the school year. Throughout this school year, I intend on taking multiple weekend trips outside of the city to introduce others to the beauty of the outdoors of the Midwest, as well as teach important outdoor skills to those who might not have outdoor experience. I also plan on advocating for the importance of receiving first-aid and CPR training, and assisting in organizing sessions in which students can learn and practice basic first-aid and CPR. Finally, I plan on returning to the Men of Honor Leadership Institute as a facilitator for the second year to instill the skills and mindsets of organizational leadership to the men of the Phi Kappa Sigma Fraternity. Achieving these goals will allow me to effectively develop the skills and acquire the tools needed to be an effective informal educator as well as help me to recognize and strengthen my weaknesses.
- In my long term career, I see myself returning to school to receive a Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a Master’s Degree in Education to better assist my team of informal educators at TinkRworks. I plan on leading the Research and Development team for the business as well as helping the company to expand to different areas of the nation where we feel the company could grow and prosper. With the help of TinkRworks, I plan on eventually developing a subsidiary company that, in conjunction with TinkRworks, will focus on educating both children and adults in the ways of developing, building, customizing, and flying their own personal drones and other aerial devices. Aside from work, I also plan on volunteering at the national level for the Phi Kappa Sigma International Fraternity and the Boy Scouts of America Training Committee to bring my skill and passion for education and training to both youth and adults in an effort to assist in the growth and development of the future leaders in both organizations. Additionally, I plan on raising a family in the suburbs of Chicago and guiding my children through the scouting program as a scout leader in their organizations. Finally, I plan on living near my parents in the suburbs so that I am able to assist and take care of them as they grow older.
Illinois Tech Leadership Experience
- VP Operations - IIT A Cappella - Fall 2016 - Spring 2017
- Student Ambassador - IIT Undergraduate Admissions - Spring 2016- Present
- Social Events Chair - Phi Kappa Sigma Fraternity - Spring 2016 - Spring 2017
- Philanthropy Chair - Phi Kappa Sigma Fraternity - Fall 2016
- Group Facilitator - Men of Honor National Leadership Institute - Winter 2016
- Newmember Educator - Phi Kappa Sigma Fraternity - Spring 2017
- A Cappella Director - IIT A Cappella - Fall 2017 - Present