Major & Graduation
Computer Engineering ~ May 2018
I am currently doing a software internship in a local bank and I want to finish my internship with learning a lot about the .NET framework for C# and learning more about the software industry in Cyprus. I am also preparing for the GRE, I want to study hard and get a score I can be proud with. I am also planning to start applying to grad schools this fall. My primary short-term goals are making the most out of my classes by learning as much as I can while maintaining a high GPA, learning more about web-development, exploring the US in my last year of undergraduate and discovering my options for grad school. In my new position as the Senior RA for Residence and Greek Life IIT I hope to bring new aspects to the CDA and RA roles and improve the current system. I also aim to work hard in student organizations, Leadership Academy and as a Resident Advisor to leave a positive mark on campus in my last year at IIT.
I want to attend to a grad school and specialize a topic that I am passionate about. I want to then work for a company learning how to run a corporation successfully. After gaining valuable experience in a tech company, I want to establish my own tech company and work towards making technology more accessible for everyone. When I feel like I have made significant impact in the tech area, I want focus on my biggest goal since my childhood which is to find a way to end the dispute going on in my home country. Cyprus has been divided into two after a civil war which unofficially lasted from 1963 to 1974. There are no final agreements on whether there will be two separate countries on the island or if it will go back to become one, unified country.Although there is no more fighting, there is also no peace agreement; so this ceasefire prevents industry development on both sides (north and south) and blocks foreign investment. I hope that in the future I will be able to find a way to end this conflict once and for all and peacefully for both sides thus helping my home country develop to its potential.
Illinois Tech Leadership Experience
- Senior Resident Advisor - Residence and Greek Life IIT - August 2017 - Current
- Resident Advisor - Residence and Greek Life IIT - August 2016 - May 2017
- Executive Vice-President - Student Government Association - August 2015–April 2016
- Vice-President - Institute of Electrical Electronics Engineers (IEEE) - April 2015–January 2016
- President - Institute of Electrical Electronics Engineers (IEEE) - January 2016–April 2016
- Founder Co-President - Model United Nations - March 2015–January 2017
- Exec Elections Committee Chair - Student Government Association January 2016–April 2016
- Senator - Student Government Association - February 2015—September 2015