Major & Graduation
My short-term goals include graduating from Illinois Tech with an honors bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering and a minor in pre-medical studies, while focusing on the track of medical imaging in the human body. In addition, I want to start applying to medical schools, participate in as much humanitarian work and volunteering services as possible, and give back to the community as much as I can under the umbrella of Illinois Tech and the Leadership Academy.
In my long-term career, I see myself as a well-rounded surgical oncologist/cardiologist working in the U.S. at first to gain all the experiences that I can, and then going back home to Syria, where I can help build its health care system. I eventually want to get married, build a family, and take advantage of all the amazing adventures that come my way.
Illinois Tech Leadership Experience
- Alternative Spring Break Team Member: West Virginia (Spring 2014)
- MEDLIFE Team Member: Participated in a medical brigade that took place in Lima, Peru (Summer 2014) Resident Advisor (2014–2015)
- Union Board: Bog Programmer (Fall 2013)
- Conference Housing Assistant (Summer 2013)
- Syrian Club
- Member, Biomedical Engineering Society