Major & Graduation
Biomedical Engineering ~
My short-term goal is to successfully complete my academic career as a co-terminal student with a bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering and a master's degree in chemical engineering by earning good grades and remaining involved in student organizations. It is crucial, in my opinion, to partake in student organizations because I believe that this will make my undergraduate career more meaningful and memorable and I will also gain leadership skills by assuming additional leadership roles in student organizations. I would also like to develop my public speaking skills to better represent the communities to which I belong. I will tackle life's challenges day-by-day and try to see the positive aspect in every situation.
I plan on making a positive impact in peoples' lives by pursuing my career as a biomedical/chemical engineer. I see my growth as a function of community growth and, for this reason, I would like to contribute to the medically impaired community by using my skills as a biomedical engineer to develop solutions to problems that this community faces. Throughout my life, I will always remember and treasure the things that matter to me most such as my faith and family.
Illinois Tech Leadership Experience
- Tau Beta Pi Member (October 2015–Present)
- Students Speak Survey Committee Member (September 2015–Present)
- Armour College of Engineering Researcher (July 2013–Present)
- Biomedical Engineering Society Secretary (March 2015–Present)
- Undergraduate Research Journal at IIT (URJiit) Public Relations Leader (January 2015–May 2015)
- Muslim Students' Association, Public Relations Leader and Advisory Board Member (October 2013–December 2014)
- Academy for Future Leaders in Science and Technology (June 2013–August 2013)